Published Apr 5, 2017
How to Successfully Find a Great Place to Live:
Ottawa is a dynamic city. There are a variety of neighbourhoods, parks, communities and cultures. Finding the right place to live can be a challenge. Here are a few tips:
- Before you go to see any homes, take some time to decide what you are willing to pay per month and what you want or need in a home. For example, the area of the city, being close to work or school, number of bedrooms, etc.
- Before viewing properties, tell the rental agent what your needs are. The rental agent can let you know what is currently available that suits your needs and what will be available soon.
- If you have to cancel an appointment, please do so promptly.
- Be careful of places that are too good to be true. They usually are! Price and location pretty much go together. What you pay for is usually what you get.
- Once you find the home that suits your needs, take the first step to secure it. With Centa, we ask for a $200 deposit to hold the unit while we screen your application. Don't wait too long to make a decision, units can get taken off the market quickly.